Two decades of mountain resort living
Tagaytay Highlands has defined mountain resort living for two decades. A leisure development of the SM Group of Companies, it is still the ultimate mountain resort getaway and leisure destination for the family.
Tagaytay Highlands’ 20th anniversary celebration last month was highlighted by the Spirit of ’67 concert wherein buffet was served. This was a perfect combination of gastronomic feast and family entertainment by the club’s favorite band.
To commemorate the club’s 20th year, the exquisite works of art by sculptors Ben Hur, Jik and Bumbo Villanueva were featured in a special exhibit at The Sports Center. Fond memories of club members’ mountain living were preserved in wood and bronze by the artists.
As part of the celebration, anniversary Masses were held at the Holy Family Chapel for two Saturdays—April 12 and 26. Exhibited at the same venue were club member Cornelio “Dondon” Awa’s artworks on Christ’s passion, death and resurrection titled “Sin Pecado.”
For the solemn observance of the Holy Week, a two-hour Holy Week Recollection for three days was presided by Rev. Fr. Godwin Tatlonghari at the Holy Family Chapel.
Chapel activities included Holy Masses, confessions, Way of the Cross, “Pasyong Mahal” (Holy Passion), Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion, procession and Easter Vigil. Capping the activities was “Salubong” (Tagalog for meeting), a predawn ritual that reenacts the Risen Christ’s meeting with His mother held on Easter Sunday.
The club held the traditional Easter Egg Hunt for kids.
Nestled in one of Tagaytay’s highest elevations, Tagaytay Highlands has not only stunning views of the surrounding mountain range and Taal Lake and Volcano but also all-year-round cool climate. It has become the benchmark for a world-class private and exclusive luxury mountain resort community.
World-class club lifestyle
Its luxury second homes—the ultimate family getaway—provide refuge from the hustle and bustle of city life. The world-class club lifestyle provides fun, convenience and hassle-free country living through the following:
• The first cable car system (the first in the country) and funicular (tram) from Switzerland;
• Highlands Peak Bar, Tagaytay Highlands’ highest point offering a 360-degree view of the mountain resort and its environs.
• Two championship golf courses—one at Tagaytay Highlands and the other at Tagaytay Midlands including its newest Lucky 9 golf course providing members a total of 45 playable holes;
• The Sports Center with swimming pool, basketball court, tennis, badminton and squash courts, billiard hall and bowling alley and children’s playground;
• The Country Club with mini golf course, swimming pools and fishing pier; horseback riding ring;
• Animal Farm, petting zoo and home to miniature animals from different parts of the world;
• The Gardens, botanical park, which is perfect for a stroll;
• More than 20 dining outlets offering a wide range of various cuisine;
• The Spa and Lodge;
• Holy Family Chapel at The Highlands and Madre de Dios Chapel at The Midlands;
• Basic facilities including security, uninterrupted power and water supply; independent fire-fighting team; 24-hour clinic with ambulance; beauty salons and Wi-Fi zones.
If you’re planning to invest in a weekend home in Tagaytay Highlands, you have three options:
1. Leisure lot developments are where you will build your own house. You can choose from these developments:
Sycamore Heights is a private and exclusive residential development with an Asian Contemporary theme. Situated in one of the most prime locations in the luxury mountain resort destination, it offers leisure residential lots ranging from 280 to 959 square meters. With an elevation of 165-195 meters above sea level, this community offers prime scenic views of the majestic Taal Lake and Volcano, the Midlands Fairways and serene mountainside.
Nob Hill is Tagaytay Highlands’ leisure lot development that seamlessly blends nature with modern design. It features contemporary architecture, linear parks, nature elements and generous open spaces. Lots range in size from 300 to 722 square meters and homes are characterized by natural light-colored stone, painted cement finishes, stainless steel and powder-coated metal trims. Large windows provide natural light and fresh air inside and incorporate nature as the center of living space. With an elevation of 250-265 meters above sea level, Nob Hill offers beautiful views of Mount Makiling and the Highlands golf course.
Aspenhills is an enthralling private mountain hideaway where you can build your modern ranch-style log home. It features homes characterized by touches of glass and the rustic charm of wood and stone. One can relish life at the hilltop where panoramic mountain vistas provide a stunning backdrop to the community. Lot sizes are from 300 to 800 square meters. The Sunshine Picnic Grove, Little Ranch Playground and Meadows Community Clubhouse are places in Aspenhills where you can create lasting memories with your family.
Katsura, Sierra Lago, Pueblo Real and Fairfield are your other choices for leisure lot developments.
2. Luxury condominiums offer lock-up and leave convenience. You can choose either Woodridge Place or Horizon.
Woodridge Place is a luxury condominium development offering traditional charm and modern conveniences. Its interiors present well-appointed one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom units ranging from 41 to 253 square meters with balcony areas that maximize natural lighting and cross ventilation for energy efficiency. Taking inspiration from the mountain resorts of Colorado, Woodridge Place features spectacular views of the Highlands golf course and the surrounding mountains.
Horizon is the other luxury condominium at Tagaytay Highlands. Terraced on a gently sloping terrain, it is a golfer’s haven. Horizon is a nine-hectare property that faces the Tagaytay Midlands golf course and has a magnificent view of the Taal Volcano and Lake. It has its own putting green, golf club lockers in the hallways, an infinity pool and landscaped gardens.
3. Signature log cabins are for those looking for the utmost in luxury mountain resort living.
Interested buyers who didn’t get the chance to invest in the flagship luxury Woodlands log cabins may now invest in the latest log cabin homes at Woodlands Point.
To know more on how to own a Highlands home, please visitwww.tagaytayhighlands.com.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.