Qatar Airways bags anew world’s best airline award
PARIS — For the third time, Qatar Airways was voted the World’s Best Airline during the annual Skytrax World Airline Awards held at the Paris Air Show in Le Bourget on Tuesday.
Qatar previously won the award in 2011 and 2012. Last year’s world’s best airline was Cathay Pacific Airways.
The other winners of the world’s best awards are the following:
* World’s best economy class: Asian Dragon
- World’s best premium economy class: Air New Zealand
- World’s best low-cost airline premium cabin: AirAsiaX
- World’s best business class: Singapore Air
- World’s best inflight entertainment: Emirates
- World’s best airline alliance: Oneworld
- World’s best low-cost long haul airline: Norwegian
- World’s best leisure airline: Thomson Airways
- World’s best airline cabin cleanliness: Eva Air
- World’s best airport services: ANA
- World’s best regional airline: Dragon Air
- World’s best low-cost airline : AirAsia
- World’s best improved airline: Air France
- World’s been Cabin staff: Garuda Indonesia
The winners were voted by a total of 18.8 million customers surveyed by Skytrax between August 2014 and May 2015, covering 275 airlines — from the largest international airlines to smaller domestic carriers. AC
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.