‘We will have food to eat,’ SMC chief assures, amid Luzon lockdown
Conglomerate San Miguel Corp., a leading local food and beverage producer, gave public assurance on Saturday that there would be no shortfall in food supply even while the whole of Luzon is under quarantine to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
“I would like to assure our kababayans (countrymen) that San Miguel Corporation’s food and beverage facilities continue to operate and that San Miguel will have enough food stocks for everyone throughout this crisis,” SMC president Ramon S. Ang said.
Earlier this week, SMC also started donating food to communities in need, through the local governments and various charitable groups.
“On a daily basis, our plants can produce 1.96 million kilos of fresh meats, including poultry, beef and pork; 524,000 kilos of canned goods, chicken nuggets, and hotdogs, and 2.11 million kilos of flour, biscuits, and baked goods. We also continue to produce all our other products like spreads, butter, cheese, dairy milk and coffee. We will all have food to eat during these long days,” Ang said.
“We have full confidence that our government, through the Inter-Agency Task Force, with the help of our local government units, the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Philippine National Police, and all other agencies, will be able to support the industry as we all work together to continue serving the needs of our countrymen, especially the most vulnerabe, at this critical time.”
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.