Close  

Eagle Cement Corp. reports P1.59B net profit in Q1 2019

/ 03:39 PM May 06, 2019


 

ADVERTISEMENT

MANILA, Philippines — Ang family-led Eagle Cement Corp. grew net profit in the first three months by 49 percent year-on-year to P1.59 billion, driven by a double-digit growth in sales volume and improved cement selling prices.

Eagle’s net sales in the first quarter amounted to P5.37 billion, up by 34 percent in the same period last year, the company disclosed to the Philippine Stock Exchange on Monday.

Net income margin improved to 30 percent from around 27 percent in the same period last year.

Bulk of the company’s cement sales – equivalent to 81 percent – consisted of bagged cement while the remaining 19 percent consisted of bulk cement supply.

The company’s first quarter performance was underpinned by “strong domestic demand driven by private consumption,” the report said.

Eagle, chaired by San Miguel Corp. president Ramon S. Ang, is among those bidding for the Philippine assets of LaFarge Holcim.

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Business, business news, Eagle Cement, local news, net profit, News, Philippine news updates, Q1 2019, Ramon Ang
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.