Work from home
Freelancing has presented a lot of advantages for those who wish to remain productive without having to stay in an office. Some consider freelancing as striking a balance between work and family life.
A single mother may look after her child while earning some cash just by working from home. While this trend continues to serve a niche in the labor force, it also offers more choices.
After all, the goal of freelancing is to further “connect employers with quality freelancers while remaining within budget.”
Since your home is now your office too, it is important to put order in your space. Allow us to walk you through creating the ultimate home office in just five easy ways.
1) Embrace natural light. Move your desk close to the windows. It will help clear your mind when you have so much on your hands with so little time to spare. And we truly believe in the saying that “you have to look into the light” to find some inspiration. Natural light gives you the happiness benefit. The light will give you reason to step away from your laptop and enjoy the scenery even for just a while.
2) But lamps are also important. Find lamps which give out a natural glow. Also, consider the design of the lamp. It will be your closest companion when you are trying to beat a deadline. So let the lamp be an interesting piece to distract you from the stress.
3) Create some comfy space. It could be a quiet nook or a comfy chair that is perfect for curling up. Place next to it a mini-table where you can place your coffee. Then add colorful pillows and you’re all set in your comfort zone. A comfy nook is good way to destress your mind.
4) Hide things you don’t want to look at. Tie up those cords because it might cause serious injury. Run a power strip behind your desk and plug everything into that.
5) Put love on your table. Photographs of your loved ones may help you regain focus. Try to rotate those photos once in a while. Throw in also some mementos of success, cartoons that make you laugh or a scent which makes you happy.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.