Jollibee, partner to run big donut chain in China | Inquirer Business
Close  

Jollibee, partner to run big donut chain in China

Joint venture to put up 1,459 stores
/ 02:41 AM January 07, 2015

MANILA, Philippines–A consortium led by homegrown fast-food giant Jollibee Foods Corp. has sealed the deal to operate the Dunkin Donuts master franchise in key territories in mainland China, cementing its position as a leading Asian restaurant chain.

JFC’s offshore investment unit has formed a joint venture with Jasmine Asset Holdings Ltd., a unit of RRJ Capital Master Fund II, an Asia-based investment company, called Golden Cup Pte. Ltd., the company disclosed to the Philippine Stock Exchange on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Golden Cup has signed with Dunkin Donuts Franchising LLC the masters franchise agreement granting the former the exclusive right to develop Dunkin Donuts in a number of booming territories in the People’s Republic of China: Hong Kong, Macau, Fujian, Hunan, Jianxi, Guangdong, Hainan, Guano, Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Shangxi, Chongqing, Guizhou, Sichuan, Yunnan, Heilongjiang and Jilin.

Based on an earlier disclosure, the joint venture plans to invest $300 million in expanding and operating the Dunkin Donuts network in China.

FEATURED STORIES

Jollibee, through unit Jollibee Worldwide Pte. Ltd. (JWPL), owns 60 percent of the joint venture firm Golden Cup while Jasmine owns the remaining 40 percent.

Golden Cup has committed to open and operate a minimum of 1,459 stores in China over a period of 20 years, based on an agreed development schedule. Of the $300-million investment committed by the partnership, JWPL will contribute $180 million and will also have management control of this business.

Dunkin Donut is one of the world’s leading baked goods and coffee chains, serving more than five million customers a day worldwide. As of end-September, there were 11,123 Dunkin Donuts stores worldwide, including 7,941 franchised restaurants in the United States and 3,182 shops outside the US.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: China, donuts, Dunkin Donuts, joint venture, jollibee, master franchise
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Curated business news

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.