DMCI sells 25.11% stake in TPLEx to San Miguel | Inquirer Business
Close  

DMCI sells 25.11% stake in TPLEx to San Miguel

/ 02:07 AM December 23, 2014

Consunji-led DMCI Holdings Inc. is selling its 25.11-percent stake in the Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEx) concessionaire to the San Miguel group for P1.83 billion.

The deal will consolidate San Miguel Corp.’s interest in TPLEx—the first greenfield tollway project in its infrastructure portfolio—to more than 70 percent.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange yesterday, DMCI said that together with its wholly owned subsidiary, DM Consunji Inc., it had agreed to sell the combined stake in Private Infra Dev Corp. (PIDC) to SMC unit Rapid Thoroughfares Inc.

“They want 100-percent ownership and the amount paid is reasonable,” said DMCI president Isidro Consunji.

FEATURED STORIES

Other industry sources said that DMCI would use the proceeds for its power plant projects.

The deal is subject to compliance with certain conditions and regulatory approvals, including those of the Toll Regulatory Board and the Department of Public Works and Highways, pursuant to the toll concession agreement dated Aug. 28, 2008.

SMC opened the second section of TPLEx last weekend, adding 14 kilometers of new road linking Rosales to Urdaneta in Pangasinan. This section will be toll-free until Jan. 20. The first section of TPLEx is 49 kilometers up to Rosales and was opened last April.

Section 2 of TPLEx is actually 95 percent complete now but was opened to the public ahead of full completion to ease traffic flow during the holidays. Prior to its full opening, the section will again be closed to complete the remaining 5 percent.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: DMCI, DMCI Holdings Inc., San Miguel, San Miguel Corp., Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway, Tollway Project, TPLEX
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Curated business news

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.