Homes need tougher, reliable pipes | Inquirer Business

Homes need tougher, reliable pipes

PVC pipes can just spell the difference in ensuring not only the orderly flow of water, electricity and sewage but also the overall good condition of houses and buildings.

With that in mind, Neltex Development Corp., the leading manufacturer of PVC pipes, offers high-quality but cheaper PVP pipes to the mass market. In a press conference held on May 28, Neltex vice president for sales and marketing Tony H. Sy proudly pointed out the durability and reliability of their PVC pipes.

To prove the point, Neltex has been conducting “The Hataw Challenge,” wherein an individual hits with a metal carpentry hammer a Neltex Saniguard 600 series, a thin-walled sanitary PVC pipe that is more affordable but much tougher than much-thicker-walled pipes of competitors. Aside from that, the company would let a 2-ton, 6-wheeler truck drive over and try to smash a Saniguard pipe together with other brands. While the other brands cracked, the Saniguard had only a dent.


PVC pipes are used in various ways, such as for sanitary and sewerage connection, electrical connection and water lines.


Why reliable pipes?

In a typical house or building, according to Sy, pipes only account for 3 percent of the total cost of construction. Sy said: “People would like to  invest in a house in terms of balconies, light fixtures, furniture, home appliances and other visually-appealing details. But they often neglect about the invisible essentials, especially the pipes.”

Many PVC manufacturers make the situation worse by lowering their prices often resorting to the use of substandard materials. “Most pipes contain only 65 percent PVC resin, with the other 35 percent going to calcium carbonate (CaCO3),”  Sy said, resulting in brittle pipes that would chip and break easily. “They are extremely prone to leaking and clogging due to pressure, heat and cold, and everyday wear and tear.”

Most of the plumbing will never be seen since they will be embedded inside the walls, floors and ceiling. But nevertheless they can cause quite visible and expensive-to-repair damages.

They can also mean more expensive water bills, water flowing in places where it is not needed, and buildup of often invisible pools of water which will likely become breeding places for mosquitoes and bacteria. A stagnant pool of water near a leak can also lead to contaminated water supply. Faulty drain pipes are even worse when it comes to health issues: they move water that is already dirty to begin with, so the pipes’ leaks are often catastrophic.

Neltex offers a cheaper and better solution. “Our secret is in the formulation. The mixture of Neltex is composed of 90 percent PVC resin, and only 5 percent each for the CaCO3 and impact modifier,” Sy said, adding that 3,314 “palo-ers” and counting have already attested the impact strength of the Neltex pipes through the “Hataw Challenge.”


Aside from that, he said, customers such as Megawide, Megaworld, Makati Development Corp., Filinvest, DM Consunji, DDT Konstract Inc. and SM Development Corp. validated the durability of Neltex’s products.

According to Sy, Neltex brings in new innovative and quality products to provide its stakeholders with mutually beneficial solutions and achieving greater excellence. “We aim to create stable, permanent living spaces. Neltex always stands by its ‘Hataw Sa Tibay’ branding.”

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

To know just how tough the S600 has proven to be, go to and learn why the need to demand nothing less than Neltex pipes.

TAGS: housing, property

© Copyright 1997-2024 | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.