Quantcast
Article Index |Advertise | Mobile | RSS | Wireless | Newsletter | Archive | Corrections | Syndication | Contact us | About Us| Services
 
Sat, Nov 22, 2014 11:17 PM Philippines      25įC to 33įC
  HOME       NEWS     SPORTS     SHOWBIZ AND STYLE      TECHNOLOGY     BUSINESS     OPINION      GLOBAL NATION    SERVICES
Advertisement
Inquirer Mobile
Property Guide

INQUIRER ALERT
Get the free INQUIRER newsletter
Enter your email address:

 
Money / Top Stories Type Size: (+) (-)
You are here: Home > Business > Money > Top Stories

  ARTICLE SERVICES      
     Reprint this article     Print this article  
    Send Feedback  
    Post a comment   Share  

  RELATED STORIES  




imns


Galoc consortium to start paying govít share

By Amy R. Remo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 23:45:00 08/31/2009

Filed Under: Oil & Gas - Upstream activities

THE GOVERNMENT EXPECTS TO RECEIVE anytime this week its first share from the oil sales generated by the Galoc oil field in offshore Palawan, under Service Contract (SC) 14C.

According to a government source, the Department of Energy (DOE) is expecting to collect at least $170,000 from the latest oil shipment made by the consortium operating the Galoc field. The amount will go to the national coffers.

The Galoc consortium declared that the oil field was commercially viable in June. The declaration?which signified the completion of the extended testing period, as required under the terms agreed with the DOE?also confirmed that the field?s reservoir has enough volume for long-term production.

As a consequence, the fiscal terms for the Galoc project have reverted to the standard terms of SC 14C. This means project proponents now have to remit the necessary royalties or payments to the government.

Of the oil field?s gross sales, 70 percent would go to investors in the service contract to recover costs and expenditures, while the remaining 30 percent would be divided between the government and the contractor under a 60/40 sharing agreement.

Prior to the declaration, the consortium?s activities were under the so-called extended production test, which meant these were undertaken to determine whether or not the project was commercially viable and to justify the commencement of long-term production.

?Production will be continued from the existing two wells. Meanwhile, assessment of the potential for additional incremental development is underway,? said oil field operator Galoc Production Co. (GPC).

GPC holds a 59.84-percent working interest in the SC 14C license, while Nido Petroleum Philippines Pty. Ltd. has a 22.28-percent stake. Other stakeholders in the service contract are Philodrill Corp., Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp./Linapacan Oil Gas and Power Corp., and Forum Energy Philippines Corp.

As of end-June, production from the Galoc oil field has already hit over 2.2 million barrels since it first went on stream in October 2008.



Copyright 2014 Philippine Daily Inquirer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



Share

RELATED STORIES:

OTHER STORIES:



  ^ Back to top

© Copyright 2001-2014 INQUIRER.net, An INQUIRER Company

The INQUIRER Network: HOME | NEWS | SPORTS | SHOWBIZ & STYLE | TECHNOLOGY | BUSINESS | OPINION | GLOBAL NATION | Site Map
Services: Advertise | Buy Content | Wireless | Newsletter | Low Graphics | Search / Archive | Article Index | Contact us
The INQUIRER Company: About the Inquirer | User Agreement | Link Policy | Privacy Policy

Advertisement
Federal land
Jobmarket Online
Inquirer VDO
BizLinq