2013 seen to be another good year for PHBy Tina Arceo-Dumlao |Philippine Daily Inquirer
Because President Benigno Aquino is sitting in the northwest and facing southeast, the Philippines is expected to be quite lucky in the Year of the Water Snake that begins today, according to Hong Kong-based geomancer Joseph Chau.
“2013 will be a very good year for the Philippines because there will be more money, different from 2012, especially since the feng shui of Malacañang is lucky. That is because President Aquino is facing the southeast direction, which is lucky,” says Chau.
Chau adds in a recent presentation at the Mandarin Oriental Manila that the Philippines will be under the so-called Promotion Star in 2013, which means that it will become more well known by other countries, thus improving the possibility of attracting more foreign investments this year.
The presence of the Travel Star, he says, will also mean that President Aquino will travel a lot more this year to promote the Philippines abroad.
The feng shui expert also says that while 2013 will be “more peaceful” for the Philippines, there is also great possibility of floods because of the dominant water element.
“There will be stronger flooding this year compared to 2012. Government has to pay attention to the waterways and drainage. It has to do something because water will be a big problem for the Philippines and also the rest of the world,” says Chau.
The strong water element, however, will also mean good fortune for those in the transportation, logistics and tourism sectors. On the other hand, the banking and automotive sectors, which did well last year, will face more challenges in the Year of the Water Snake.
He adds that 2013 will be a very good year for the construction sector, but he cautions that the companies must make sure that they do not cheat their clients.
To take advantage of the good prospects for the tourism sector, Chau suggests for the government to ease its visa restrictions and allow foreigners to stay longer in the Philippines.
He says neighboring countries such as Indonesia and Thailand offer at least a month’s stay for foreign visitors, unlike the Philippines, which usually offer two-week visas to visitors.
Signs that are expected to have a more challenging time this year are tiger, monkey, snake, pig and dragon.
Lucky colors are gold, silver, white, beige, yellow and brown while unlucky colors are green, black, grey and blue.
Here are his predictions on the business fortunes for each of the 12 signs:
- Snake 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013) Financially, it is a fortunate year for Snakes. They will have satisfactory stable incomes but never from gambling. Money comes from all sources, but it is easy come and easy go. It is not a good time to develop another new investment or business expansion. They have to watch their expenses to avoid going over budget. In doing business, it is important to have contract in black and white toa void any conflicts or regrets in the future.
- Horse (1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002) This is a challenging year for Hoses. It is important that they do not act rashly or blindly when handling their work or business. Financially, it is in the flat line. They should be extremely careful in handling their expenses.
- Goat (1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991) This is a good year for Goats. Their fortune will see some improvement in 2013. Financially, it is prosperous. It is lucky for Goats to start a new business and expand or explore their business.
- Monkey (1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004) The luck of Monkeys will improve in 2013 compared to last year. However, they have to be careful in handling their business. They must check and read carefully, especially when they sign contracts. It is the only way to avoid being cheated by others or falling into a money trap. Financially, money luck is pretty good. They will surely have good profits in return.
- Rooster (1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005) The Rooster is compatible with the Snake this year. Their fortune will be better than last year. Many opportunities are open for them. Businessmen should handle their work cautiously and consider their actual economic situation before they act. Financially, it is stable and promising. They should consider buying property this year if they are able. It is important that they do not borrow money from others.
- Dog (1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006) The luck of the Dog is much improved this year. They should consider exploring their business in overseas markets. Financially, it is smooth and promising. With the appearance of the antagonistic star, they have to handle their wealth with extra care. It is important that they not become too greedy, otherwise the loss will outweigh the gain.
- Pig (1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007) Financially, it is a fluctuating year for Pigs. Things will not be so smooth. Money luck is easy come and easy go. They have to be careful in handling their money matters to avoid financial problems. The luck of the Pig is full of frustration this year. It is not the right time for Pigs to start their own business or have a business expansion. If they do so, they must consider it cautiously.
- Rat (1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008) This is a flat year for Rats. Financially, it is good and beneficial. Wealth comes from the proper means. With the appearance of the unlucky star under the sign, they have to keep a close eye on their spending. They have to know when to advance and retreat.
- Ox (1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009) This is a fluctuating year for Oxen. Financially, even though this is a tough year for Oxen, they will have pretty good profits in return for their hard work and investments. It is important that they refuse to be a guarantor for friends to avoid creating problems.
- Tiger (1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010) Tigers are in conflict with the Snake this year. Financially, with the existence of the unlucky star in the life cycle, money is easy come and easy go. They should learn the Chinese habit of saving money for a rainy day. They should not be too greedy. They should not be overly trustful of others and they should not be a guarantor for friends and relatives.
- Rabbit (1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011) This is a busy year for Rabbits. Businessmen should got out on a business trip. Financially, Rabbits will have pretty good incomes this year. Moreover, they will have the chance to be in partnerships with others, but they have to keep in mind that everything should be in black and white on documents to avoid problems.
Dragon (1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012) Dragons are slightly conflicted with the Snake this year. However, their luck is improved from last year. Financially, it is good and they will have a stable income. They can get reasonable profits from their suitable investments but never from speculative investments and gambling.